Thursday, January 05, 2006

Finally an audition-


WHO ME?
Ho hummmm... where AM i?
Oh yes. I went for an audition to see if I could get back to my "horror movie roots"... and whdayaknow, I got the part. I'll be a cannibalistic father-figure -who really "likes" his family! Got a few nasty lines to practice -but hey, it keeps my "edge" semi-blunt. Well, what do you want... it's tough at this time of the year.

During my street-strutting adventures through the city, I saw a couple of stickers on the NO PARKING signs, saying that a particular crew will be filming in the area... and if there were any questions, call 336-6350. Coooool! I did, and it was Law & Order. They weren't looking for any extras at the time but the jazzy operator did refer me to the Grant Wilfley castcall dialup. Which, needless to say, I immediately took advantage of. The robo-human-voice at least provided some mailing information to send my electronic headshots to... one of which was sopranosextras@gmail.com. So I did... and of course, I'm still waiting for a callback... bada-boom, bada-bing.

Also, I went to a go-see on 14th Street for a documentary castcall. I had to fill out a "keep-yourself-busy" questionaire until they called me in. Got a camera pointed at me, slated my name and was asked to repeat some "first-impression responses" regarding the SUPERSIZE ME doc. And after a few more interview questions I got the old "we'll get in touch with you" response. Ta da!

No comments:

Doldrums in the last weeks of 2015

And so this year draws to a close... and so does my blogging! I've worked at being a background actor and loved it... not sure wha...