Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Jamie Foxx Electro-fies Spiderman

Made up to look like the president of the NERD-fest club, Jamie Foxx was having a great time with us between takes. He flirted with the girls and danced a few steps between takes. Luckily there was an army of paparazzi around to capture us in the background.  And of course they posted their photos that same night -and since there were soooo many photos, I picked out only the ones that I was in.




The shoot itself went relatively fast.  Jamie walking down the street in a typical "disgruntled employee" style: huffing and puffing, gesticulating in the air and bumping into people who inadvertently knocked off his glasses.    He makes a sharp turn into the office building and slams his way through the doors.  THAT, basically was all there was to this scene in front of the Hearst Tower on NYC's 8th Avenue -which was now doubling as the fictitious OSCORP building in the story.

Hearst Tower on 57th Street
Unlike the last time I was in Spiderman, where director Sam Raimi updated us on all of the backstory -on this set, there was no such "intimate" interaction with the background people.  The PA's were nice to us and gave us whatever we needed -but that special (caring) Raimi-touch was missing. I had no idea who the director was supposed to be at this shoot.

There were a few other background extras recruited for a "rainy night" scene later on (apparently they were told to bring raincoats) but I was happy with my small bg-role and the fact that I was able to be part of this second coming of the Amazing Spider Man.

No comments:

Doldrums in the last weeks of 2015

And so this year draws to a close... and so does my blogging! I've worked at being a background actor and loved it... not sure wha...